Call for EAM Starting Grants
Announcement EAM Starting Grant – Call for proposals (deadline June 15, 2020)
Dear researchers of FAU Key Research Priority New Materials and Processes,
The Cluster of Excellence EAM has decided to launch a new round of calls for the EAM Starting Grants. This way the Cluster of Excellence EAM aims at investing in the most talented researchers in the New Materials and Processes environment at FAU. The EAM Starting Grant is also a measure to bring new ideas and new people into the cluster’s research activities and intends to encourage younger people to apply for an ERC Starting Grant. Thus, all young researchers who are eligible for an ERC Starting Grant are entitled to submit proposals (for details please refer to http://erc.europa.eu/). The scientific proposal of the EAM Starting Grant (see below) is expected to be strongly interlinked with the FAU Key Research Priority New Materials and Processes. The EAM Starting Grant is endowed with 100,000 Euro.
The recipients of the grants are required to apply for an ERC Starting Grant in 2021 or 2022 the latest. The grant is to be used for the specific needs of the grant recipient only. Funds will be available immediately after a positive decision and have to be spent completely by December 2021. Please submit your proposal to email@example.com by June 15, 2020.
Guidelines for proposals:
The requirements of the proposal are equal to those of the ERC Starting Grant (first round) and are as follows:
1. Scientific leadership potential (max. 1 page)
2. CV (max. 2 pages)
3. Early achievement track-record (max. 2 pages):
- Publications as main author in major international peer-reviewed multi-disciplinary scientific journals and/or leading international peer-reviewed journals, peer-reviewed conference proceedings and/or monographs
- Granted patents
- Invited presentations to peer-reviewed, internationally established conferences and/or international advanced schools
- Awards, scholarships and granted research projects under the name of the applicant
4. Extended synopsis of the scientific proposal (max. 5 pages): a concise presentation of the proposal including the scientific feasibility of the project, with particular attention to its groundbreaking nature and how it may open up new horizons or opportunities for research.
Please send your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2020. The decision is expected for end of September 2020.
For specific questions, please refer to Ina Viebach at email@example.com or 09131 85-70475.